Eden Hazard is pursuing a move to England
- News: Hazard ‘excited’ by Man Utd link
- News: Redknapp confirms Spurs’ Hazard interest
- News: Mertesacker out for ‘long term’ after surgery
- News: O’Neill backs Arsenal to bounce back from Milan defeat
- News: Petit demands Arsenal changes
- News: Premier League clubs given Hazard boost
- News: Hazard hints at Tottenham transfer
- News: Profits may prevent move for Hazard – Wenger
- News: Chelsea step up pursuit of Hazard
Eden Hazard has hinted a move to Arsenal this summer would be best for his career just days after stating he would be happy to leave Lille for Tottenham.
Hazard has recently been linked with Paris St Germain, plus Premier League clubs Tottenham, Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea. The 21-year-old sparked rumours of an imminent transfer to Spurs with his comments earlier this week, but has now revealed their north London rivals could be his club of choice.
“There are several clubs that interest me in England and Arsenal is really a part,” Hazard told Foot Sport magazine. “Of course, it’s always more fun when the football is beautiful. In addition, at Arsenal, there is a French coach and French players, as well as my compatriot Thomas Vermaelen.”
Though Hazard’s next club remains unclear, the Belgian playmaker again declared his preference for a switch to the Premier League from the reigning Ligue 1 champions.
“That’s the championship where I think I can express myself better,” said Hazard. “Where I can learn more, too. It’s difficult to explain why, it’s a question of feeling.
“The level of the matches, the atmosphere in the stadiums, this is still well above anything I’ve experienced so far in France and that attracts me. And I know many people in England – this is another added attraction.”